sexta-feira, janeiro 19, 2007

"I was driving and then it was two weeks later and I was in Leeds (hospital)," he said.



Following this post in my blog last October, and for those interested, it was revealed that the Top Gear presenter Richard Hammond will be back to the programme (that was put on hold until now), on the 28th October, same time, same place (BBC2, 8pm). If I may remind you, this guy crashed a jet-powered car at 463 km/h while filming for the show.
He suffered a brain injury, but recovered phenomenally with only memory loss to worry about.
The Top Gear magazine of this month shows some impressive pictures of the accident, and the actual footage of the accident is due to be aired on the programme of the 28th.
He said himself:
"I had post-traumatic amnesia, five-second memory, it happens as a result of brain injury."
"In hospital I was completely useless. I'd look at the menu and order my favourite, cottage pie."
"Five minutes later it arrived and I said that's great, it's my favourite, how did you know?"
Nevertheless this man went on to drive a powerful motorbike the day after doctors gave him the all clear, and said:
"That’s why I ride a bike. I can come out of a TV studio or the big meeting doing grown up stuff but the moment I get on a bike I’m exactly the same person I was 15 or 20 years ago."
I actually agree, in a way; but as I normally say referring to F1 drivers, "You are either too brave or too stupid to drive a Formula 1 car". The same probably applies to Richard...
Welcome back!
*Quotations from different websites.

A minha foto
Nome:
Localização: Ireland

"O mito é o nada que é tudo/ O mesmo sol que abre os céus/ É um mito brilhante e mudo..." Pessoa. Assim sou eu...

Powered by Blogger